Monday, November 22, 2010

A Little Lesson

This last week has been somewhat of a crazy one.. It all started with having to get my car fixed yet again. The third time in a month. 

Despite car trouble, school, and work, there is one thing that I have learned to be extremely grateful for and that is the gift to breathe. It's something we do constantly without any thought. Our lungs intake the oxygen and we exhale the carbon dioxide. Oxygen is a main component that fuels our bodies.  Without it we wouldn't be able to produce the energy that keeps our muscles going. Please see image below. :D

Respiration.gif
This is a simplistic example of how oxygen is converted into energy for our body to use. 

Now that we have that covered, why would I be so grateful for the simple act of breathing?? Well...

On Friday I went home to be with my family. We were going to the state championship football game and then were heading up to Idaho Falls to see my sister. 
When I got home, my mother seemed to be missing but I didn't think too much of it. A few minutes later she finally walked through the door. She had swollen eyes and seemed distressed. I knew something was wrong. 
She looked at me and my siblings and told us that one of our cousins had passed away. It was a complete shock. My heart dropped and I felt sick. She was only 24 years old and was married. I wondered how her husband was handling the situation. I could see the love in my mothers eyes. I felt blest to be standing there with my family, all of us being well and alive. 

Then came Saturday night, I get a text from my dear friend Kelsey that said she and Brain had been in a car accident. I would have left work that instant if she hadn't added that they were fine but danger ranger (Brian's truck) had sadly been defeated. It felt like a little bit of an overload at that moment. I lost a cousin and could have lost a best friend within two days.

I'm grateful Kelsey and Brian made it through with only a few scratches and a couple headaches, but nothing more. An angel was on their shoulders. 


Something as simple as breathing is essential and a precious gift. Glad that my friends are still here with me and bless my cousin and her family that all will be well. 



Love them :)  (Jace looks a little uncomfortable haha!)



No comments:

Post a Comment